Kamouh El Hermel, is an ancient edifice that probably dates back to the end of the Hellenistic era.
It is unknown who built this structure, but some scholars believe that it was a funerary site, while others considered that it was a monument dedicated to the haunting prowess of a member of Syrian royalty.
Its 4 sides depicts beautiful haunting scenes, and its size is immense (approx 27m height)
What is interesting as well was the discovery of flint tools that dates back to the Neolithic age (10,000 - 4,000 BC), which gives us a sign that the area was probably inhabited since that time.
Altought it was restored during the 1930's, the edifice today is, unfortunately, neglected by local authorities and the MOC, while ugly graffiti covers its base and walls